- 1. ripple, rippling, riffle, wavelet, wave, moving ridge
- usage: a small wave on the surface of a liquid
- 2. ripple, oscillation, vibration
- usage: (electronics) an oscillation of small amplitude imposed on top of a steady value
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ripple, ruffle, riffle, cockle, undulate, flow, flux
- usage: stir up (water) so as to form ripples
- 2. ripple, babble, guggle, burble, bubble, gurgle, sound, go
- usage: flow in an irregular current with a bubbling noise; "babbling brooks"
All rights reserved.
See also: ripple (Dictionary)