- 1. riot, public violence, violence, force
- usage: a public act of violence by an unruly mob
- 2. rioting, riot, disorder
- usage: a state of disorder involving group violence
- 3. belly laugh, sidesplitter, howler, thigh-slapper, scream, wow, riot, joke, gag, laugh, jest, jape
- usage: a joke that seems extremely funny
- 4. orgy, debauch, debauchery, saturnalia, riot, bacchanal, bacchanalia, drunken revelry, revel, revelry
- usage: a wild gathering involving excessive drinking and promiscuity
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. riot, rampage
- usage: take part in a riot; disturb the public peace by engaging in a riot; "Students were rioting everywhere in 1968"
- 2. carouse, roister, riot, revel, racket, make whoopie, make merry, make happy, whoop it up, jollify, wassail
- usage: engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking; "They were out carousing last night"
All rights reserved.
See also: riot (Dictionary)