- 1. ring, peal, sound, go
- usage: sound loudly and sonorously; "the bells rang"
- 2. resound, echo, ring, reverberate, sound, go
- usage: ring or echo with sound; "the hall resounded with laughter"
- 3. ring, knell, sound
- usage: make (bells) ring, often for the purposes of musical edification; "Ring the bells"; "My uncle rings every Sunday at the local church"
- 4. call, telephone, call up, phone, ring, telecommunicate
- usage: get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone; "I tried to call you all night"; "Take two aspirin and call me in the morning"
- 5. surround, environ, ring, skirt, border, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle; "The forest surrounds my property"
- 6. ring, band, attach
- usage: attach a ring to the foot of, in order to identify; "ring birds"; "band the geese to observe their migratory patterns"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. annular, annulate, annulated, circinate, ringed, ring-shaped, doughnut-shaped, rounded (vs. angular)
- usage: shaped like a ring
- 2. ringed, patterned (vs. plain)
- usage: having colored rings around the body
- 3. ringed, married (vs. unmarried)
- usage: wearing a wedding ring; lawfully married; "a ringed wife"- Tennyson
All rights reserved.
See also: ringed (Dictionary)