WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rift, opening, gap
- usage: a gap between cloud masses; "the sun shone through a rift in the clouds"
- 2. rift, crack, cleft, crevice, fissure, scissure
- usage: a narrow fissure in rock
- 3. rupture, breach, break, severance, rift, falling out, separation, breakup, detachment
- usage: a personal or social separation (as between opposing factions); "they hoped to avoid a break in relations"
All rights reserved.
See also: rift (Dictionary)