- 1. rifle, firearm, piece, small-arm
- usage: a shoulder firearm with a long barrel and a rifled bore; "he lifted the rifle to his shoulder and fired"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. plunder, despoil, loot, reave, strip, rifle, ransack, pillage, foray, take
- usage: steal goods; take as spoils; "During the earthquake people looted the stores that were deserted by their owners"
- 2. rifle, go, search
- usage: go through in search of something; search through someone's belongings in an unauthorized way; "Who rifled through my desk drawers?"
All rights reserved.
See also: rifle (Dictionary)