- 1. ripple, rippling, riffle, wavelet, wave, moving ridge
- usage: a small wave on the surface of a liquid
- 2. riffle, shuffle, shuffling, make
- usage: shuffling by splitting the pack and interweaving the two halves at their corners
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flick, ruffle, riffle, move, displace
- usage: twitch or flutter; "the paper flicked"
- 2. flick, flip, thumb, riffle, leaf, riff, peruse
- usage: look through a book or other written material; "He thumbed through the report"; "She leafed through the volume"
- 3. ripple, ruffle, riffle, cockle, undulate, flow, flux
- usage: stir up (water) so as to form ripples
- 4. riffle, shuffle, ruffle, mix
- usage: shuffle (playing cards) by separating the deck into two parts and riffling with the thumbs so the cards intermix
All rights reserved.
See also: riffle (Dictionary)