Synonyms of ridge
- 1. ridge, natural elevation, elevation
- usage: a long narrow natural elevation or striation
- 2. ridge, convex shape, convexity
- usage: any long raised strip
- 3. ridge, geological formation, formation
- usage: a long narrow natural elevation on the floor of the ocean
- 4. ridge, ridgeline, geological formation, formation
- usage: a long narrow range of hills
- 5. ridge, process, outgrowth, appendage
- usage: any long raised border or margin of a bone or tooth or membrane
- 6. ridge, ridgepole, rooftree, beam
- usage: a beam laid along the edge where two sloping sides of a roof meet at the top; provides an attachment for the upper ends of rafters
- 1. ridge, cover, continue, extend
- usage: extend in ridges; "The land ridges towards the South"
- 2. ridge, plow, plough, turn
- usage: plough alternate strips by throwing the furrow onto an unploughed strip
- 3. ridge, throw
- usage: throw soil toward (a crop row) from both sides; "He ridged his corn"
- 4. ridge, spade
- usage: spade into alternate ridges and troughs; "ridge the soil"
- 5. ridge, shape, form
- usage: form into a ridge
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ridge (Dictionary)