Synonyms of riddled
- 1. riddle, pierce
- usage: pierce with many holes; "The bullets riddled his body"
- 2. riddle, perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound
- usage: set a difficult problem or riddle; "riddle me a riddle"
- 3. riddle, screen, sift, sieve, strain
- usage: separate with a riddle, as grain from chaff
- 4. permeate, pervade, penetrate, interpenetrate, diffuse, imbue, riddle, penetrate, perforate
- usage: spread or diffuse through; "An atmosphere of distrust has permeated this administration"; "music penetrated the entire building"; "His campaign was riddled with accusations and personal attacks"
- 5. riddle, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: speak in riddles
- 6. riddle, solve, work out, figure out, puzzle out, lick, work
- usage: explain a riddle
- 1. riddled, damaged (vs. undamaged)
- usage: (often followed by `with') damaged throughout by numerous perforations or holes; "a sweater riddled with moth holes"; "cliffs riddled with caves"; "the bullet-riddled target"
- 2. riddled, full (vs. empty)
- usage: spread throughout; "cities riddled with corruption"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.