- 1. ribbing, framework
- usage: a framework of ribs
- 2. tease, teasing, ribbing, tantalization, harassment, molestation
- usage: the act of harassing someone playfully or maliciously (especially by ridicule); provoking someone with persistent annoyances; "he ignored their teases"; "his ribbing was gentle but persistent"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rib, knit
- usage: form vertical ribs by knitting; "A ribbed sweater"
- 2. ridicule, roast, guy, blackguard, laugh at, jest at, rib, make fun, poke fun, mock, bemock
- usage: subject to laughter or ridicule; "The satirists ridiculed the plans for a new opera house"; "The students poked fun at the inexperienced teacher"; "His former students roasted the professor at his 60th birthday"
All rights reserved.
See also: ribbing (Dictionary)