Synonyms of rib
- 1. rib, support
- usage: support resembling the rib of an animal
- 2. rib, costa, bone, os
- usage: any of the 12 pairs of curved arches of bone extending from the spine to or toward the sternum in humans (and similar bones in most vertebrates)
- 3. rib, cut, cut of meat
- usage: cut of meat including one or more ribs
- 4. rib, remark, comment, input
- usage: a teasing remark
- 5. rib, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: a riblike supporting or strengthening part of an animal or plant
- 6. rib, molding, moulding
- usage: a projecting molding on the underside of a vault or ceiling; may be ornamental or structural
- 1. rib, knit
- usage: form vertical ribs by knitting; "A ribbed sweater"
- 2. ridicule, roast, guy, blackguard, laugh at, jest at, rib, make fun, poke fun, mock, bemock
- usage: subject to laughter or ridicule; "The satirists ridiculed the plans for a new opera house"; "The students poked fun at the inexperienced teacher"; "His former students roasted the professor at his 60th birthday"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of rib (Dictionary)