- 1. rhyme, rime, versification
- usage: correspondence in the sounds of two or more lines (especially final sounds)
- 2. verse, rhyme, poem, verse form
- usage: a piece of poetry
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rhyme, rime, create verbally
- usage: compose rhymes
- 2. rhyme, rime, match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
- usage: be similar in sound, especially with respect to the last syllable; "hat and cat rhyme"
All rights reserved.
See also: rhyme (Dictionary)