Synonyms of rhetoric
- 1. rhetoric, expressive style, style
- usage: using language effectively to please or persuade
- 2. grandiosity, magniloquence, ornateness, grandiloquence, rhetoric, expressive style, style
- usage: high-flown style; excessive use of verbal ornamentation; "the grandiosity of his prose"; "an excessive ornateness of language"
- 3. palaver, hot air, empty words, empty talk, rhetoric, nonsense, bunk, nonsensicality, meaninglessness, hokum
- usage: loud and confused and empty talk; "mere rhetoric"
- 4. rhetoric, literary study
- usage: study of the technique and rules for using language effectively (especially in public speaking)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of rhetoric (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.