WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. releasing factor, releasing hormone, RF, factor
- usage: a substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland
- 2. rutherfordium, Rf, unnilquadium, Unq, element 104, atomic number 104, chemical element, element
- usage: a radioactive transuranic element which has been synthesized
- 3. reticular formation, RF, neural network, neural net
- usage: a complex neural network in the central core of the brainstem; monitors the state of the body and functions in such processes as arousal and sleep and attention and muscle tone
All rights reserved.
See also: rf (Dictionary)