- 1. rebellion, insurrection, revolt, rising, uprising, conflict, struggle, battle
- usage: organized opposition to authority; a conflict in which one faction tries to wrest control from another
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. revolt, rebel, arise, rise, rise up
- usage: make revolution; "The people revolted when bread prices tripled again"
- 2. disgust, gross out, revolt, repel, stimulate, excite, stir
- usage: fill with distaste; "This spoilt food disgusts me"
- 3. disgust, revolt, nauseate, sicken, churn up, repel, repulse
- usage: cause aversion in; offend the moral sense of; "The pornographic pictures sickened us"
All rights reserved.
See also: revolt (Dictionary)