Synonyms of review
- 1. reappraisal, revaluation, review, reassessment, appraisal, assessment
- usage: a new appraisal or evaluation
- 2. review, critique, critical review, review article, criticism, literary criticism
- usage: an essay or article that gives a critical evaluation (as of a book or play)
- 3. follow-up, followup, reexamination, review, examination, scrutiny
- usage: a subsequent examination of a patient for the purpose of monitoring earlier treatment
- 4. review, limited review, accounting, accounting system, method of accounting
- usage: (accounting) a service (less exhaustive than an audit) that provides some assurance to interested parties as to the reliability of financial data
- 5. revue, review, variety show, variety
- usage: a variety show with topical sketches and songs and dancing and comedians
- 6. review, periodical
- usage: a periodical that publishes critical essays on current affairs or literature or art
- 7. recapitulation, recap, review, capitulation
- usage: a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
- 8. review, proceeding, legal proceeding, proceedings
- usage: (law) a judicial reexamination of the proceedings of a court (especially by an appellate court)
- 9. review, brushup, exercise, practice, drill, practice session, recitation
- usage: practice intended to polish performance or refresh the memory
- 10. inspection, review, examination, scrutiny
- usage: a formal or official examination; "the platoon stood ready for review"; "we had to wait for the inspection before we could use the elevator"
- 1. review, reexamine, analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass, canvas
- usage: look at again; examine again; "let's review your situation"
- 2. review, critique, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: appraise critically; "She reviews books for the New York Times"; "Please critique this performance"
- 3. review, go over, survey, inspect
- usage: hold a review (of troops)
- 4. review, brush up, refresh, remember, retrieve, recall, call back, call up, recollect, think
- usage: refresh one's memory; "I reviewed the material before the test"
- 5. review, look back, retrospect, remember, think back
- usage: look back upon (a period of time, sequence of events); remember; "she reviewed her achievements with pride"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of review (Dictionary)