- 1. fear, reverence, awe, veneration, emotion
- usage: a feeling of profound respect for someone or something; "the fear of God"; "the Chinese reverence for the dead"; "the French treat food with gentle reverence"; "his respect for the law bordered on veneration"
- 2. reverence, attitude, mental attitude
- usage: a reverent mental attitude
- 3. reverence, action
- usage: an act showing respect (especially a bow or curtsy)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. reverence, fear, revere, venerate, respect, esteem, value, prize, prise
- usage: regard with feelings of respect and reverence; consider hallowed or exalted or be in awe of; "Fear God as your father"; "We venerate genius"
All rights reserved.
See also: reverence (Dictionary)