- 1. retrograde, orb, orbit, revolve
- usage: move backward in an orbit, of celestial bodies
- 2. retrograde, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move in a direction contrary to the usual one; "retrograding planets"
- 3. retrograde, retreat, withdraw, retreat, pull away, draw back, recede, pull back, retire, move back
- usage: move back; "The glacier retrogrades"
- 4. retrograde, rehash, hash over, recapitulate, recap
- usage: go back over; "retrograde arguments"
- 5. regress, retrograde, retrogress, worsen, decline
- usage: get worse or fall back to a previous condition
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. retrograde (vs. direct)
- usage: moving from east to west on the celestial sphere; or--for planets--around the sun in a direction opposite to that of the Earth
- 2. retrograde (vs. anterograde)
- usage: of amnesia; affecting time immediately preceding trauma
- 3. retrograde, retrogressive, regressive (vs. progressive)
- usage: going from better to worse
- 4. retral, retrograde, backward (vs. forward)
- usage: moving or directed or tending in a backward direction or contrary to a previous direction
All rights reserved.
See also: retrograde (Dictionary)