- 1. retrofit, component, constituent, element
- usage: a component or accessory added to something after it has been manufactured
- 2. retrofit, addition
- usage: the act of adding a component or accessory to something that did not have it when it was manufactured; "the court ordered a retrofit on all automobiles"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. retrofit, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with parts, devices, or equipment not available or in use at the time of the original manufacture; "They car companies retrofitted all the old models with new carburetors"
- 2. retrofit, install, instal, put in, set up
- usage: fit in or on an existing structure, such as an older house; "The mansion was retrofitted with modern plumbing"
- 3. retrofit, overhaul, modernize, modernise
- usage: substitute new or modernized parts or equipment for older ones; "The laboratory retrofitted to meet the safety codes"
All rights reserved.
See also: retrofit (Dictionary)