WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. retribution, requital, penalty
- usage: a justly deserved penalty
- 2. retribution, correction, rectification
- usage: the act of correcting for your wrongdoing
- 3. vengeance, retribution, payback, retaliation, revenge
- usage: the act of taking revenge (harming someone in retaliation for something harmful that they have done) especially in the next life; "Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord"--Romans 12:19; "For vengeance I would do nothing. This nation is too great to look for mere revenge"--James Garfield; "he swore vengeance on the man who betrayed him"; "the swiftness of divine retribution"
All rights reserved.
See also: retribution (Dictionary)