WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. retention, keeping, holding, possession, ownership
- usage: the act of retaining something
- 2. memory, retention, retentiveness, retentivity, faculty, mental faculty, module
- usage: the power of retaining and recalling past experience; "he had a good memory when he was younger"
- 3. retentiveness, retentivity, retention, impermeability, impermeableness
- usage: the power of retaining liquid; "moisture retentivity of soil"
All rights reserved.
See also: retention (Dictionary)