- 1. consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot, phenomenon
- usage: a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon; "the magnetic effect was greater when the rod was lengthwise"; "his decision had depressing consequences for business"; "he acted very wise after the event"
- 2. solution, answer, result, resolution, solvent, statement
- usage: a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem; "they were trying to find a peaceful solution"; "the answers were in the back of the book"; "he computed the result to four decimal places"
- 3. result, resultant, final result, outcome, termination, ending, conclusion, finish
- usage: something that results; "he listened for the results on the radio"
- 4. resultant role, result, semantic role, participant role
- usage: the semantic role of the noun phrase whose referent exists only by virtue of the activity denoted by the verb in the clause
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. result, ensue, prove, turn out, turn up
- usage: issue or terminate (in a specified way, state, etc.); end; "result in tragedy"
- 2. leave, result, lead, produce, bring about, give rise
- usage: have as a result or residue; "The water left a mark on the silk dress"; "Her blood left a stain on the napkin"
- 3. result, happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place
- usage: come about or follow as a consequence; "nothing will result from this meeting"
All rights reserved.
See also: result (Dictionary)