WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. damages, amends, indemnity, indemnification, restitution, redress, compensation
- usage: a sum of money paid in compensation for loss or injury
- 2. restitution, repair, fix, fixing, fixture, mend, mending, reparation
- usage: the act of restoring something to its original state
- 3. restitution, return, restoration, regaining, acquisition
- usage: getting something back again; "upon the restitution of the book to its rightful owner the child was given a tongue lashing"
All rights reserved.
See also: restitution (Dictionary)