WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. responsible (vs. irresponsible), accountable, answerable, amenable, liable, trustworthy, obligated, prudent, trustworthy#1, trusty
- usage: worthy of or requiring responsibility or trust; or held accountable; "a responsible adult"; "responsible journalism"; "a responsible position"; "the captain is responsible for the ship's safety"; "the cabinet is responsible to the parliament"
- 2. responsible, responsible for(predicate), causative (vs. noncausative)
- usage: being the agent or cause; "determined who was the responsible party"; "termites were responsible for the damage"
- 3. creditworthy, responsible, trustworthy (vs. untrustworthy), trusty
- usage: having an acceptable credit rating; "a responsible borrower"
All rights reserved.
See also: responsible (Dictionary)