WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. duty, responsibility, obligation, social control
- usage: the social force that binds you to the courses of action demanded by that force; "we must instill a sense of duty in our children"; "every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty"- John D.Rockefeller Jr
- 2. province, responsibility, sphere, domain, area, orbit, field, arena
- usage: the proper sphere or extent of your activities; "it was his province to take care of himself"
- 3. responsibility, responsibleness, trustworthiness, trustiness
- usage: a form of trustworthiness; the trait of being answerable to someone for something or being responsible for one's conduct; "he holds a position of great responsibility"
All rights reserved.
See also: responsibility (Dictionary)