WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. response, consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot
- usage: a result; "this situation developed in response to events in Africa"
- 2. reaction, response, bodily process, body process, bodily function, activity
- usage: a bodily process occurring due to the effect of some antecedent stimulus or agent; "a bad reaction to the medicine"; "his responses have slowed with age"
- 3. answer, reply, response, statement
- usage: a statement (either spoken or written) that is made to reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation; "I waited several days for his answer"; "he wrote replies to several of his critics"
- 4. reception, response, greeting, salutation
- usage: the manner in which something is greeted; "she did not expect the cold reception she received from her superiors"
- 5. response, phrase
- usage: a phrase recited or sung by the congregation following a versicle by the priest or minister
- 6. reply, response, speech act
- usage: the speech act of continuing a conversational exchange; "he growled his reply"
- 7. response, manner, mode, style, way, fashion
- usage: the manner in which an electrical or mechanical device responds to an input signal or a range of input signals
All rights reserved.
See also: response (Dictionary)