WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. respectable (vs. unrespectable), decent, nice, presentable, upstanding, solid, good, reputable, worthy
- usage: characterized by socially or conventionally acceptable morals; "a respectable woman"
- 2. estimable, good, honorable, respectable, reputable (vs. disreputable)
- usage: deserving of esteem and respect; "all respectable companies give guarantees"; "ruined the family's good name"
- 3. goodly, goodish, healthy, hefty, respectable, sizable, sizeable, tidy, considerable (vs. inconsiderable)
- usage: large in amount or extent or degree; "it cost a considerable amount"; "a goodly amount"; "received a hefty bonus"; "a respectable sum"; "a tidy sum of money"; "a sizable fortune"
All rights reserved.
See also: respectable (Dictionary)