Synonyms of respect
- 1. respect, regard, detail, item, point
- usage: (usually preceded by `in') a detail or point; "it differs in that respect"
- 2. esteem, regard, respect, honor, honour, laurels
- usage: the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded); "it is held in esteem"; "a man who has earned high regard"
- 3. respect, esteem, regard, attitude, mental attitude
- usage: an attitude of admiration or esteem; "she lost all respect for him"
- 4. deference, respect, politeness, civility
- usage: a courteous expression (by word or deed) of esteem or regard; "his deference to her wishes was very flattering"; "be sure to give my respects to the dean"
- 5. obedience, respect, filial duty
- usage: behavior intended to please your parents; "their children were never very strong on obedience"; "he went to law school out of respect for his father's wishes"
- 6. regard, respect, affection, affectionateness, fondness, tenderness, heart, warmness, warmheartedness, philia
- usage: a feeling of friendship and esteem; "she mistook his manly regard for love"; "he inspires respect"
- 7. deference, respect, respectfulness, courtesy, good manners
- usage: courteous regard for people's feelings; "in deference to your wishes"; "out of respect for his privacy"
- 1. respect, esteem, value, prize, prise, see, consider, reckon, view, regard
- usage: regard highly; think much of; "I respect his judgement"; "We prize his creativity"
- 2. respect, honor, honour, abide by, observe, accept
- usage: show respect towards; "honor your parents!"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of respect (Dictionary)