WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. resolution, declaration, resolve, document, written document, papers
- usage: a formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a vote
- 2. resolving power, resolution, physical phenomenon
- usage: the ability of a microscope or telescope to measure the angular separation of images that are close together
- 3. resoluteness, firmness, firmness of purpose, resolve, resolution, trait
- usage: the trait of being resolute; "his resoluteness carried him through the battle"; "it was his unshakeable resolution to finish the work"
- 4. resolution, solving, determination, finding
- usage: finding a solution to a problem
- 5. settlement, resolution, closure, decision making, deciding
- usage: something settled or resolved; the outcome of decision making; "they finally reached a settlement with the union"; "they never did achieve a final resolution of their differences"; "he needed to grieve before he could achieve a sense of closure"
- 6. resolution, resolving, breakdown, partitioning
- usage: analysis into clear-cut components
- 7. resolution, physical phenomenon
- usage: (computer science) the number of pixels per square inch on a computer-generated display; the greater the resolution, the better the picture
- 8. resolution, remission, remittal, subsidence
- usage: the subsidence of swelling or other signs of inflammation (especially in a lung)
- 9. resolution, harmony, musical harmony
- usage: (music) a dissonant chord is followed by a consonant chord
- 10. solution, answer, result, resolution, solvent, statement
- usage: a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem; "they were trying to find a peaceful solution"; "the answers were in the back of the book"; "he computed the result to four decimal places"
- 11. resolution, decision, determination, conclusion
- usage: a decision to do something or to behave in a certain manner; "he always wrote down his New Year's resolutions"
All rights reserved.
See also: resolution (Dictionary)