Synonyms of resile
- 1. resile, chicken out, back off, pull out, back down, bow out
- usage: pull out from an agreement, contract, statement, etc.; "The landlord cannot resile from the lease"
- 2. bounce, resile, take a hop, spring, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet, jump, leap, bound, spring
- usage: spring back; spring away from an impact; "The rubber ball bounced"; "These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide"
- 3. abjure, recant, forswear, retract, resile, disown, renounce, repudiate
- usage: formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure; "He retracted his earlier statements about his religion"; "She abjured her beliefs"
- 4. resile, revert, return, retrovert, regress, turn back
- usage: return to the original position or state after being stretched or compressed; "The rubber tubes resile"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of resile (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.