WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. disown, renounce, repudiate, reject
- usage: cast off; "She renounced her husband"; "The parents repudiated their son"
- 2. repudiate, reject
- usage: refuse to acknowledge, ratify, or recognize as valid; "The woman repudiated the divorce settlement"
- 3. repudiate, refuse, decline
- usage: refuse to recognize or pay; "repudiate a debt"
- 4. repudiate, deny
- usage: reject as untrue, unfounded, or unjust; "She repudiated the accusations"
All rights reserved.
See also: repudiate (Dictionary)