- 1. Republican, politician, politico, pol, political leader
- usage: a member of the Republican Party
- 2. republican, advocate, advocator, proponent, exponent
- usage: an advocate of a republic (usually in opposition to a monarchy)
- 3. Republican, Republican River
- usage: a tributary of the Kansas River that flows from eastern Colorado eastward through Nebraska and Kansas
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. republican
- usage: relating to or belonging to the Republican Party; "a Republican senator"; "Republican party politics"
- 2. republican, democratic (vs. undemocratic)
- usage: having the supreme power lying in the body of citizens entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them or characteristic of such government; "the United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government"- United States Constitution; "a very republican notion"; "so little republican and so much aristocratic sentiment"- Philip Marsh; "our republican and artistic simplicity"-Nathaniel Hawthorne
All rights reserved.
See also: republican (Dictionary)