- 1. representative, negotiator, negotiant, treater
- usage: a person who represents others
- 2. spokesperson, interpreter, representative, voice, advocate, advocator, proponent, exponent
- usage: an advocate who represents someone else's policy or purpose; "the meeting was attended by spokespersons for all the major organs of government"
- 3. congressman, congresswoman, representative, legislator
- usage: a member of the United States House of Representatives
- 4. example, illustration, instance, representative, information
- usage: an item of information that is typical of a class or group; "this patient provides a typical example of the syndrome"; "there is an example on page 10"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. representative, typical (vs. atypical)
- usage: serving to represent or typify; "representative moviegoers"; "a representative modern play"
- 2. representative (vs. nonrepresentative), allegorical, allegoric, emblematic, emblematical, symbolic, symbolical
- usage: standing for something else; "the bald eagle is representative of the United States"
- 3. representative, democratic (vs. undemocratic)
- usage: being or characteristic of government by representation in which citizens exercise power through elected officers and representatives; "representative government as defined by Abraham Lincoln is government of the people, by the people, for the people"
All rights reserved.
See also: representative (Dictionary)