WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. representation, mental representation, internal representation, content, cognitive content, mental object
- usage: a presentation to the mind in the form of an idea or image
- 2. representation, creation
- usage: a creation that is a visual or tangible rendering of someone or something
- 3. representation, cooperation
- usage: the act of representing; standing in for someone or some group and speaking with authority in their behalf
- 4. representation, delegacy, agency, state
- usage: the state of serving as an official and authorized delegate or agent
- 5. representation, body
- usage: a body of legislators that serve in behalf of some constituency; "a Congressional vacancy occurred in the representation from California"
- 6. representation, statement
- usage: a factual statement made by one party in order to induce another party to enter into a contract; "the sales contract contains several representations by the vendor"
- 7. theatrical performance, theatrical, representation, histrionics, performance, public presentation
- usage: a performance of a play
- 8. representation, statement
- usage: a statement of facts and reasons made in appealing or protesting; "certain representations were made concerning police brutality"
- 9. representation, right
- usage: the right of being represented by delegates who have a voice in some legislative body
- 10. representation, activity
- usage: an activity that stands as an equivalent of something or results in an equivalent
All rights reserved.
See also: representation (Dictionary)