WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. repeater, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who repeats; "the audience consisted largely of repeaters who had seen the movie many times"
- 2. recidivist, repeater, habitual criminal, criminal, felon, crook, outlaw, malefactor
- usage: someone who is repeatedly arrested for criminal behavior (especially for the same criminal behavior)
- 3. repeating firearm, repeater, firearm, piece, small-arm
- usage: a firearm that can fire several rounds without reloading
- 4. repeater, electronic device
- usage: (electronics) electronic device that amplifies a signal before transmitting it again; "repeaters can be used in computer networks to extend cabling distances"
All rights reserved.
See also: repeater (Dictionary)