Synonyms of removed
- 1. remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, or taking off, or remove something abstract; "remove a threat"; "remove a wrapper"; "Remove the dirty dishes from the table"; "take the gun from your pocket"; "This machine withdraws heat from the environment"
- 2. remove
- usage: remove from a position or an office
- 3. get rid of, remove
- usage: dispose of; "Get rid of these old shoes!"; "The company got rid of all the dead wood"
- 4. take out, move out, remove
- usage: cause to leave; "The teacher took the children out of the classroom"
- 5. remove, transfer, transfer, shift
- usage: shift the position or location of, as for business, legal, educational, or military purposes; "He removed his children to the countryside"; "Remove the troops to the forest surrounding the city"; "remove a case to another court"
- 6. absent, remove, disappear, vanish, go away
- usage: go away or leave; "He absented himself"
- 7. murder, slay, hit, dispatch, bump off, off, polish off, remove, kill
- usage: kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"
- 8. remove, take away
- usage: get rid of something abstract; "The death of her mother removed the last obstacle to their marriage"; "God takes away your sins"
- 1. removed(predicate), distant (vs. close), remote
- usage: separated in relationship by a given degree of descent; "a cousin once removed"
- 2. distant, remote, removed, far (vs. near)
- usage: separate or apart in time; "distant events"; "the remote past or future"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of removed (Dictionary)