- 1. remote control, remote, device
- usage: a device that can be used to control a machine or apparatus from a distance; "he lost the remote for his TV"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. distant, remote, far (vs. near)
- usage: located far away spatially; "distant lands"; "remote stars"
- 2. outside, remote, unlikely (vs. likely)
- usage: very unlikely; "an outside chance"; "a remote possibility"; "a remote contingency"
- 3. distant, remote, removed, far (vs. near)
- usage: separate or apart in time; "distant events"; "the remote past or future"
- 4. outback(prenominal), remote, inaccessible (vs. accessible), unaccessible
- usage: inaccessible and sparsely populated;
- 5. distant (vs. close), remote, faraway, loosely knit, removed(predicate), ulterior
- usage: far apart in relevance or relationship or kinship ; "a distant cousin"; "a remote relative"; "a distant likeness"; "considerations entirely removed (or remote) from politics"
All rights reserved.
See also: remote (Dictionary)