WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. remission, remittal, subsidence, suspension, respite, reprieve, hiatus, abatement
- usage: an abatement in intensity or degree (as in the manifestations of a disease); "his cancer is in remission"
- 2. remittance, remittal, remission, remitment, payment
- usage: a payment of money sent to a person in another place
- 3. remission, remitment, remit, referral
- usage: (law) the act of remitting (especially the referral of a law case to another court)
- 4. absolution, remission, remittal, remission of sin, redemption, salvation
- usage: the act of absolving or remitting; formal redemption as pronounced by a priest in the sacrament of penance
All rights reserved.
See also: remission (Dictionary)