- 1. remand, return
- usage: the act of sending an accused person back into custody to await trial (or the continuation of the trial)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. remit, remand, send back, challenge
- usage: refer (a matter or legal case) to another committee or authority or court for decision
- 2. imprison, incarcerate, lag, immure, put behind bars, jail, jug, gaol, put away, remand, confine, detain
- usage: lock up or confine, in or as in a jail; "The suspects were imprisoned without trial"; "the murderer was incarcerated for the rest of his life"
All rights reserved.
See also: remand (Dictionary)