Synonyms of remains
- 1. remains, object, physical object
- usage: any object that is left unused or still extant; "I threw out the remains of my dinner"
- 2. cadaver, corpse, stiff, clay, remains, body, dead body
- usage: the dead body of a human being; "the cadaver was intended for dissection"; "the end of the police search was the discovery of a corpse"; "the murderer confessed that he threw the stiff in the river"; "honor comes to bless the turf that wraps their clay"
- 1. stay, remain, rest, be
- usage: stay the same; remain in a certain state; "The dress remained wet after repeated attempts to dry it"; "rest assured"; "stay alone"; "He remained unmoved by her tears"; "The bad weather continued for another week"
- 2. stay, stay on, continue, remain, be
- usage: continue in a place, position, or situation; "After graduation, she stayed on in Cambridge as a student adviser"; "Stay with me, please"; "despite student protests, he remained Dean for another year"; "She continued as deputy mayor for another year"
- 3. remain, be
- usage: be left; of persons, questions, problems, results, evidence, etc.; "There remains the question of who pulled the trigger"; "Carter remains the only President in recent history under whose Presidency the U.S. did not fight a war"
- 4. persist, remain, stay
- usage: stay behind; "The smell stayed in the room"; "The hostility remained long after they made up"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.