WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. relegate, pass on, submit, submit, subject
- usage: refer to another person for decision or judgment; "She likes to relegate difficult questions to her colleagues"
- 2. demote, bump, relegate, break, kick downstairs, delegate, designate, depute, assign
- usage: assign to a lower position; reduce in rank; "She was demoted because she always speaks up"; "He was broken down to Sergeant"
- 3. banish, relegate, bar, expel, throw out, kick out
- usage: expel, as if by official decree; "he was banished from his own country"
- 4. relegate, classify, assign, attribute
- usage: assign to a class or kind; "How should algae be classified?"; "People argue about how to relegate certain mushrooms"
All rights reserved.
See also: relegate (Dictionary)