Synonyms of releasing
- 1. let go of, let go, release, relinquish
- usage: release, as from one's grip; "Let go of the door handle, please!"; "relinquish your grip on the rope--you won't fall"
- 2. free, liberate, release, unloose, unloosen, loose
- usage: grant freedom to; free from confinement
- 3. turn, release, transmit, transfer, transport, channel, channelize, channelise
- usage: let (something) fall or spill from a container; "turn the flour onto a plate"
- 4. publish, bring out, put out, issue, release, publicize, publicise, air, bare
- usage: prepare and issue for public distribution or sale; "publish a magazine or newspaper"
- 5. exhaust, discharge, expel, eject, release
- usage: eliminate (a substance); "combustion products are exhausted in the engine"; "the plant releases a gas"
- 6. secrete, release, exude, exudate, transude, ooze out, ooze
- usage: generate and separate from cells or bodily fluids; "secrete digestive juices"; "release a hormone into the blood stream"
- 7. free, release, issue, supply
- usage: make (information) available for publication; "release the list with the names of the prisoners"
- 8. release, relinquish, resign, free, give up, pass, hand, reach, pass on, turn over, give
- usage: part with a possession or right; "I am relinquishing my bedroom to the long-term house guest"; "resign a claim to the throne"
- 9. release, free, liberate, generate, bring forth
- usage: release (gas or energy) as a result of a chemical reaction or physical decomposition
- 10. unblock, unfreeze, free, release, issue, supply
- usage: make (assets) available; "release the holdings in the dictator's bank account"
- 1. cathartic, releasing, emotional (vs. unemotional)
- usage: emotionally purging (of e.g. art)
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.