Synonyms of relaxation
- 1. relaxation, increase, increment, growth
- usage: (physiology) the gradual lengthening of inactive muscle or muscle fibers
- 2. relaxation, relaxation behavior, exponential decay, exponential return
- usage: (physics) the exponential return of a system to equilibrium after a disturbance
- 3. easiness, relaxation, tranquillity, tranquility, quietness, quietude
- usage: a feeling of refreshing tranquility and an absence of tension or worry; "the easiness we feel when sleeping"
- 4. relaxation, loosening, slackening, weakening
- usage: an occurrence of control or strength weakening; "the relaxation of requirements"; "the loosening of his grip"; "the slackening of the wind"
- 5. rest, ease, repose, relaxation, inactivity
- usage: freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility); "took his repose by the swimming pool"
- 6. relaxation, relaxation method, mathematical process, mathematical operation, operation
- usage: a method of solving simultaneous equations by guessing a solution and then reducing the errors that result by successive approximations until all the errors are less than some specified amount
- 7. liberalization, liberalisation, relaxation, easing, easement, alleviation, relief
- usage: the act of making less strict
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of relaxation (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.