- 1. regulation, ordinance, rule, prescript
- usage: an authoritative rule
- 2. rule, regulation, concept, conception, construct
- usage: a principle or condition that customarily governs behavior; "it was his rule to take a walk before breakfast"; "short haircuts were the regulation"
- 3. regulation, dominance, ascendance, ascendence, ascendancy, ascendency, control
- usage: the state of being controlled or governed
- 4. regulation, organic process, biological process
- usage: (embryology) the ability of an early embryo to continue normal development after its structure has been somehow damaged or altered
- 5. regulation, regularization, regularisation, control
- usage: the act of bringing to uniformity; making regular
- 6. regulation, regulating, control
- usage: the act of controlling or directing according to rule; "fiscal regulations are in the hands of politicians"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. regulation, standard (vs. nonstandard)
- usage: prescribed by or according to regulation; "regulation army equipment"
All rights reserved.
See also: regulation (Dictionary)