WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. regulate, modulate, adjust, set, correct
- usage: fix or adjust the time, amount, degree, or rate of; "regulate the temperature"; "modulate the pitch"
- 2. regulate, regularize, regularise, order, govern, decide, make up one's mind, determine
- usage: bring into conformity with rules or principles or usage; impose regulations; "We cannot regulate the way people dress"; "This town likes to regulate"
- 3. determine, shape, mold, influence, regulate, cause, do, make
- usage: shape or influence; give direction to; "experience often determines ability"; "mold public opinion"
- 4. baffle, regulate, restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle
- usage: check the emission of (sound)
All rights reserved.
See also: regulate (Dictionary)