WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. region, part, location
- usage: the extended spatial location of something; "the farming regions of France"; "religions in all parts of the world"; "regions of outer space"
- 2. area, region, body part
- usage: a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve; "in the abdominal region"
- 3. region, location
- usage: a large indefinite location on the surface of the Earth; "penguins inhabit the polar regions"
- 4. region, neighborhood, indefinite quantity
- usage: the approximate amount of something (usually used prepositionally as in `in the region of'); "it was going to take in the region of two or three months to finish the job"; "the price is in the neighborhood of $100"
- 5. region, realm, knowledge domain, knowledge base, domain
- usage: a knowledge domain that you are interested in or are communicating about; "it was a limited realm of discourse"; "here we enter the region of opinion"; "the realm of the occult"
All rights reserved.
See also: region (Dictionary)