WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. refutation, defense, defence, answer
- usage: the speech act of answering an attack on your assertions; "his refutation of the charges was short and persuasive"; "in defense he said the other man started it"
- 2. disproof, falsification, refutation, evidence, grounds
- usage: any evidence that helps to establish the falsity of something
- 3. falsification, falsifying, disproof, refutation, refutal, determination, finding
- usage: the act of determining that something is false
All rights reserved.
See also: refutation (Dictionary)