- 1. referent, meaning, significance, signification, import
- usage: something referred to; the object of a reference
- 2. referent, term
- usage: the first term in a proposition; the term to which other terms relate
- 3. referent, term
- usage: something that refers; a term that refers to another term
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. referent, denotative (vs. connotative), denotive
- usage: having reference; "judgments referent to the indictment"
All rights reserved.
See also: referent (Dictionary)