- 1. malodor, malodour, stench, stink, reek, fetor, foetor, mephitis, smell, odor, odour, olfactory sensation, olfactory perception
- usage: a distinctive odor that is offensively unpleasant
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. smack, reek, smell, suggest, evoke, paint a picture
- usage: have an element suggestive (of something); "his speeches smacked of racism"; "this passage smells of plagiarism"
- 2. reek, stink, smell
- usage: smell badly and offensively; "The building reeks of smoke"
- 3. reek, fume, exude, exudate, transude, ooze out, ooze
- usage: be wet with sweat or blood, as of one's face
- 4. reek, emit, give out, give off
- usage: give off smoke, fumes, warm vapour, steam, etc.; "Marshes reeking in the sun"
All rights reserved.
See also: reek (Dictionary)