WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. redundancy, repetitiveness, repetitiousness
- usage: repetition of messages to reduce the probability of errors in transmission
- 2. redundancy, redundance, overplus, plethora, superfluity, embarrassment
- usage: the attribute of being superfluous and unneeded; "the use of industrial robots created redundancy among workers"
- 3. redundancy, configuration, constellation
- usage: (electronics) a system design that duplicates components to provide alternatives in case one component fails
- 4. redundancy, repetition, repeating
- usage: repetition of an act needlessly
All rights reserved.
See also: redundancy (Dictionary)