- 1. deliver, redeem, save
- usage: save from sins
- 2. redeem, restore, reinstate, reestablish
- usage: restore the honor or worth of
- 3. redeem, exchange, change, interchange
- usage: to turn in (vouchers or coupons) and receive something in exchange
- 4. ransom, redeem, exchange, change, interchange
- usage: exchange or buy back for money; under threat
- 5. redeem, pay off, pay
- usage: pay off (loans or promissory notes)
- 6. redeem, cash, cash in
- usage: convert into cash; of commercial papers
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. redemptive, redeeming(prenominal), saving(prenominal), good (vs. evil)
- usage: bringing about salvation or redemption from sin; "saving faith"; "redemptive (or redeeming) love"
- 2. redeeming(prenominal), good (vs. bad)
- usage: compensating for some fault or defect; "the redeeming feature of the plan is its simplicity"; "his saving grace was his sense of humor"
All rights reserved.
See also: redeeming (Dictionary)